Define "Absolutely Certain"

on Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Barack Obama, December 11, regarding the Blagojevich scandal:

What I'm absolutely certain about is that our office had no involvement in any deal-making around my Senate seat. That I'm absolutely certain of.
Chicago Sun-Times, December 16, regarding Obama's very own Chief of Staff:

President-elect Barack Obama's chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel, is reportedly on 21 different taped conversations by the feds -- dealing with his boss' vacant Senate seat

Obama's an idiot. Not because I think he's guilty (which I don't), but because in politics, it's ALWAYS best just to get the truth out as quickly and painlessly as possible. Instead of saying that he was "absolutely certain" that nobody in his staff was dirty (which is stupid in itself seeing as he hadn't even conducted an internal investigation yet, thereby leaving me to wonder how he could come to such a conclusion with no evidence), Obama should've just told the truth and got it over with. But instead, Obama decided to jump on the ol' Chicago reflex and deny any wrongdoing before even gathering any facts.

"I haven't interviewed any of my staff and have conducted no internal investigation whatsoever... but I'm 'absolutely certain' that nobody was involved."

How do those words taste, Barry?

0 comments: