Nobody Died When Clinton Lied... Oh, Wait, Yes They Did!

on Thursday, August 23, 2007

Many of us remember the 2006 interview that former President Clinton did with Chris Wallace. During the interview, Wallace questioned Bill whether or not his administration worked hard enough to capture/kill Bin Laden. In response, Clinton, red-faced and all, erupted and yelled while pointing his finger at Wallace, "What did I do? What did I do? I worked hard to try to kill him. I authorized a finding for the CIA to kill him. We contracted with people to kill him. I got closer to killing him than anybody has gotten since.”

Really?...

Well it just so happens that Michael Isikoff (one of the two men who first broke the Lewinsky story) has just uncovered more evidence of Clinton's pseudologia fantastica. Many assumed Bill was referring to a December 1999 Memorandum of Notification in which he authorized the capture (but not death of) Osama Bin Laden. The direct text from the inspector general's report states, "There was never any ambiguity (regarding Clinton's orders). “None of those authorities ever allowed us to kill anyone."

Interesting.

Except the difference between me and the leftist bloggers is that you will never hear me blaming Clinton for 9/11 (even though they love to pin 9/11 on Bush).

2 comments:

Amber Marie said...

Mike, great blog. I read it when I can. My one thought today is that I never imagined in a million years that Cari (of all people) would marry someone so passionate about politics!

Mike said...

By the time she figured it out, it was too late ;)